Setting High Standards for Private Rented Housing
In the UK, social housing is subject to legally enforceable minimum standards. These standards ensure that tenants live in safe, healthy, and well-maintained homes. Somewhat remarkably, there are no equivalent minimum standards for private rented housing. This lack of regulation has led to a situation where some tenants are forced to live in substandard conditions, often at the hands of exploitative landlords.
At Pearl Lettings, we believe that all tenants deserve to live in a decent home. That's why we have our own set of high standards for private rented housing. We want to ensure that our tenants have a positive and comfortable living experience.
Our standards cover a wide range of areas, including:
- Structural integrity. Properties must be structurally sound and free from defects that could cause harm to occupants.
- Safety. Our properties must meet all fire safety regulations and be equipped with working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Hygiene and cleanliness. We ensure that properties are thoroughly cleaned by professional cleaners between tenancies. Any reported intrusions from vermin or pests are dealt with as a priority .
- Repair and maintenance. We are insistent that properties we let are well-maintained and repairs carried out promptly.
- Energy efficiency. We encourage landlords to upgrade properties to EPC rating C or above.
By working with landlords to maintain good quality housing, we are helping to create a more sustainable and equitable private rental market. As a result of our commitment to high standards, our landlords see increased rents and attract good tenants who want to live in a better standard of accommodation.
We also take a proactive approach to tenant welfare. We provide support and advice to tenants on a range of issues in their welcome pack, and our team of approachable letting agents are always available to answer questions and connect tenants to experienced maintenance service providers.
We are passionate about helping to raise the standards of private rented housing in Norwich and beyond. If you are a landlord with high quality housing and are looking for a responsible letting agent to help you house suitable tenants, we encourage you to get in touch with us. You can call Pearl Lettings on 01603 980770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will get back to you.